Lavender with an Italian theme, including opera, Italian food and a surprise appearance by a famous Roman.
Line up so far:
Stay tuned for more details.
- Main Stage Feature:Opera/Jazz with Diva Cicela Mansson accompanied by a musical trio will perform Italian Opera highlights, Italian Jazz and folk songs. Cicela is currently the Executive Director of Artrspring Theatre on Salt Spring and our charitable donation this year will be going to support Artspring.
- Synergy the irrepressible & versatile musical duo will greeting guests as they arrive and also performing on the main stage.
- Imaginelle Dance will entertain us with their magical & graceful moves.
- In order to create a Venetian Carnival feel we are offering face painting and balloon sculpting, in addition to the Purple Tickle Trunk and Bubble Wand for children.
- Julius Caesar will make an appearance on his trusty war horse and our volunteers will be making an appearance as gondoliers.
- Max del Vecchio, owner and chef of Pasta Fresca Del Vecchio on Salt Spring will be creating delicious lavender infused Italian lunches for our guests at the Lavender Bistro.
- The Lavender Café will offer light treats, lavender gelato and sorbetto, lavender lemonade and coffees as well as lavender infused baking.
- Our gardening expert this year will be Marian Hargrove talking on vegetable growing, but available to answer any gardening questions.
- We will offer demonstrations on lavender distillation with Dr. Ben Sutton and lavender propagation. Vendors of arts and crafts from Salt Spring will also be in the orchard.
- The familiar spiritual readings and massage will also be offered in the quiet of the lavender fields.
And as ever, vendors from the Saturday Market and other exciting artisans will be present in the Orchard.
Relax among the aromatic and colourful lavender fields and let the music and symphony of bees float over you!
$5.00 Entrance Fee. Children under 12 are free
A donation from the proceeds will go to ArtSpring.
Sacred Mountain Lavender is located at 401 Musgrave Road near Fulford Harbour. For directions, go to the Salt Spring Island Studio Tour website and download a map. We are location number 1 marked with the sign of the sheep and a number 1, or simply follow the signs to Sacred Mountain Lavender.