11th Annual Lavender Festival
July 14th, 2013. 10am – 5pm.
This year’s Lavender Festival will have a Latin theme, music, dancing and even the food, will give a hint of the Latin for all of us.
Live demonstrations & activities
- Propagation and Distillation demonstrations.
- Massage in the lavender field with Jeannie Vasilakos.
- Yummy lavender treats (remember those lavender chocolate cupcakes?) at the Lavender Café, Lavender infused lunches will be created for us by Chef Jonathan from The Gathering restaurant in Ganges. Jonathan will also be talking about cooking with lavender and lavender products.
- Music by Salt Spring’s own Sunyata and by Synergy, both with a Latin flavour.
- Flamenco dancing by dancers from the Alma de Espana troup in Victoria.
- This year’s Gardening Guru will be Carolyn Herriot featuring her new ‘Zero Mile Diet cookbook’ that compliments her ‘Zero Mile Diet’ gardening book. Carolyn will give two talks and be available to answer your gardening questions.
- Watch for the surprise visits of Donna Patrica and her horse Tequila who will be gracing our fields.
- Spiritual readings will again be available by Jane Barter in the Lavender fields.
- And as ever, vendors from the Saltspring Saturday Market and other exciting artisans will be present in the Orchard.
Relax among the aromatic and colourful lavender fields and let the music and symphony of bees float over you!
Check back with our website for further details and updates to our event timetable.
$5.00 Entrance Fee. Children under 12 are free
A donation from the proceeds will go to The Centre for Child Honouring
401 Musgrave Road, Salt Spring Island, B.C.
sml.sites.foxpress.io & pinterest.com/sacredlavender
Sacred Mountain Lavender is located at 401 Musgrave Road near Fulford Harbour. For directions, go to the Salt Spring Island Studio Tour website and download a map. We are location number 1 marked with the sign of the sheep and a number 1, or simply follow the signs to Sacred Mountain Lavender.