Some reported uses of Essential Oil of Lavender include:
- Relaxation: Sprinkle a few drops of lavender in your bath, in a diffuser or on your pillow to encourage sleep and relaxation.
- Insect stings or bites: Place a drop on the sting to reduce swelling and ease itching.
- Motion Sickness and Jet lag: massage a few drops of Essential Oil into ankles to alleviate motion sickness or jet lag.
- Burns: Essential Oil of Lavender is an analgesic. Keep in the kitchen to deal with minor burns. Run burn under cold tap then drop essential oil on burn area. Helps reduce pain and accelerates healing, plus reduces potential scaring.
- Headaches: massage your temples with essential oil for relaxation.
- Wounds: Place drops of Essential Oil on a band-aid to accelerate healing and reduce chance of infection.
- Moth repellant: Use bags of dried lavender in your drawers and closets and refresh over time, with a few drops of Essential Oil of Lavender.
Generally Essential Oil of Lavender has properties that make it an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-spasmodic, analgesic, and relaxant. No home should be without it! We use it on our pets as well.
Caution: Do not take internally or use if you are allergic to it.